Sodium Sesquicarbonate [Na2CO3.NaHCO3 .2H2O] [CAS_533-96-0] White Needle (50 Lb Bag)
|Molecular Formula:||Na2CO3.NaHCO3 .2H2O|
|Molecular Weight:||226.03 g/mol|
- Bulk Density: 42-54lb /ft3 0.67-0.86g/ cm3
- Na2O, wt%: 41-42.9
- Sodium (Na) content, wt %: 30.4-31.8
- Total Alkalinity as Na2CO3, wt %: 69-72
- Na2SO4, wt%: 0.05 max
- NaCl, wt%: 0.05 max
- Fe2O3, ppm: 10 max
- Arsenic, ppm: 3 max
- Heavy Metals as Pb, ppm: 10 max
1. Bath salts, swimming pools and as an alkalinity source for water treatment.
2. Used in the archaeological :conservation of objects made of copper and copper alloys that
have been corroded by salt water. Treatment with Sodium Sesquicarbonate removes copper
chlorides from the corroded layer; if these were not removed the object would continue to
corrode ("copper disease") while exposed to air.
3. Used as a precipitating water softener, it can combine with hard water minerals to form an
insoluble precipitate, removing these hardness minerals from the water.
50 lb bag