Salicylic Acid USP [C7H6O3] [CAS_69-72-7] +98% White Crystals 55.12 LB Bag
- Assay: 98.00 % - 102.00 % (dry basis)
- Description: White crystals, usually in fine needles or a fluffy, white, crystalline powder. Has a sweetish followed by an acrid taste and is stable in air.
- Solubility: Freely soluble in alcohol and in ether; soluble in boiling water, sparingly soluble in chloroform; slightly soluble in water and in benzene
- Residue on ignition: < 0.05 % 0.03 %
- Chloride: < 0.014 %
- Sulphate: < 0.02 %
- Loss on drying: < 0.50 %
- 4-Hydroxybenzoic Acid: < 0.10 %
- 4-Hydroxyisothalic Acid: < 0.05 %
- Phenol: < 0.02 %
- Other impurity: < 0.05 %
- Total impurities: < 0.20 %
A. By IR Conforms
B. The retention time of the major peak of the sample solution corresponds to that of a standard solution, as obtained in the assay.
The product complies with all the specifications of USP.
In 55.12 lb bag