Wintersun Silicone 168 ( 450 Lb Drum)
- Chemical Nature: Aqueous Emulsion of Amino Silicone Fluid
- Appearance: Clear, colorless liquid micro-emulsion
- Odor: Mild
- Ionic Character: Nonionic emulsion of cationic polymer
- pH: 5.5-6.5
- Wintersun Silicone 168 is a clear, colorless micro-emulsion silicone softener.
- Wintersun Silicone 168 is low yellowing and will yield an excellent hand. Wintersun Silicone 168 may be applied by either exhaust or pad bath method.
- Wintersun Silicone 168 displays good running properties during padding with minimal build-up of lint or silicone on the rollers.
The optimum pH for the application of Wintersun Silicone 168 is slightly on the acid side, e.g. pH 5.5-6.5. It is advisable to include a small quantity of acid (citric or acetic acide) in the bath when running fabrics that may contain traces of residual alkali, in order to maintain the pH.
Use 1.0-2.0% owg Wintersun Silicone 168 as needed for desired hand. Exhaust at 110°F(45°C) or below, pH 5.5-6.0 for 10-15 minutes. Do not Rinse.
Dilute Wintersun Silicone 168 with cold water. Pad on at required pick-up to achieve desired percent add-on and hand.
Suggested Levels Are
- Dry goods: 10-20g/l Wintersun Silicone 168 at 80-100% pick-up.
- Wet-on-wet: 20-40 g/l Wintersun Silicone 168 at 80-100% wet pick-up.
- Use Wintersun Silicone 168 as needed to achieve desired hand.
- Avoid the 'shock' effect of adding conentrated softener to concentrated resin or catalyst. Always pre-dilute (cold) each of the ingredients during preparation of the bath.
- First, diulte Wintersun Silicone 168 with cold water. Add pre-diluted Wintersun Silicone 168 into pre-diulted resin bath. Stir gently. Do not homogenized.
- Pad, dry and cure at a moderate temperature (generally to be dictated by fiber and resin type).
In 450 lb drum