Sodium Thiosulfate Anhydrous [Na2S2O3] [CAS_7772-98-7] 98+% White Powder (50 Lb Bag)
- Physical State: White crystals or powder
- Sodium Thiosulfate Anhydrous percent by mass, min: >98.00 % Min;
- PH of 10% solution: 6.5-9.5 Max;
- Insoluble in water: <0.01 % Max;
- Sodium Sulphide % by mass, max: <0.001%;
- Iron (Fe)percent by mass, max: <0.005% Max;
- Loss on Drying: 1.5% Max;
- Bulk Density: 1.667 g/cm3.
50 lb paper bag
Sodium Thiosulfate is a white translucent crystals or powder that is common as the pentahydrate form; melting at 48 C; readily soluble in water and oil of turpentine; aqueous solution is slightly alkaline which decompose to sulfate and sulfide in the air. It is a moderate reducing agent. It is a source of thiosulfate ion (S2O3-2) (dissolves silver salts). Its major use is as a fixing agent in photography for developing film and the extracting silver from ore. It is used in chrome-tanning leather and in chemical manufacture as a source of sulfide ion. It is also used in paper, textile, and water treatment industry and gas purification.