Sodium Thiosulfate Anhydrous [Na2S2O3] [CAS_7772-98-7] 97+% White Powder (50 Lb Bag)
- Physical State: White crystals or powder
- Melting Point: 43 °C
- Specific Gravity: 1.667
- Solubility in Water: Soluble (33%)
- PH: 6.5-8
- NFPA Ratings: Health: 2; Flammability: 0; Reactivity:0
- Stability: Stable under ordinary conditions. Hygroscopic.
Sodium Thiosulfate is a white translucent crystals or powder that is common as the pentahydrate form; melting at 48 C; readily soluble in water and oil of turpentine; aqueous solution is slightly alkaline which decompose to sulfate and sulfide in the air. It is a moderate reducing agent. It is a source of thiosulfate ion (S2O3-2) (dissolves silver salts). Its major use is as a fixing agent in photography for developing film and the extracting silver from ore. It is used in chrome-tanning leather and in chemical manufacture as a source of sulfide ion. It is also used in paper, textile, and water treatment industry and gas purification.
- Appearance: White powder
- Sodium thiosulfate: 97.0% Min
- Insoluble substance in water: 0.03% Max
- Sulfuret (As S): 0.001% Max
- Ferrum (As Fe): 0.005% Max
50 lb paper bag